if you want to
get into the industry, networking is vital. Head to events and
get to know the communities out there."
events do you regular attend on a professional basis?
love the London
MCM Expo events. As Sweatdrop we've been attending for
years and love the craziness of it and the cross section of people.
I also like to head to a few anime cons a year – though this is
getting harder these days. Regulars have been
I’d love to get to
Alcon as well, as I’ve heard good things. There are just
so many shows these days, it’s fantastic!
I also try and attend
Bristol Comic Expo,
International Comics Show,
Leeds Thought Bubble and the
New York Comic Con as an artist as they're fantastic comic-based
shows where I get to see friends, make contacts and talk shop."
A: Do you have your own website / are you on deviantART?
do indeed. Find me at
www.emmavieceli.com or just google something approximating ‘emma
vieceli’, haha. I'm also emmav on
emmav on livejournal and EmmaVieceli on Twitter.
I'm always hanging around somewhere on the net, so do say hello if
(click any thumbnail for a larger image)
First row (from left to right): 1. Snow Queen, inspired by Lumi
from Vertigo's Fables series
2. Fanart of Billy Kaplan from Marvel's Young Avengers
3. Cover of Much Ado About Nothing, published by
4. Paperdream: Erin & Solomon, characters for a personal pitch
Second row (from left to right):
1. Manga panel from Dragon Heir, published by Sweatdrop
2. Manga panel from a short comic contributed to Princess AI:
Rumours From The Other Side. Written by Sarah Winningham,
published by TOKYOPOP.
3. Manga panel from Wuthering Heights, part of Phonogram B-side.
Written by Kieron Gillen, published by Image.
4. Precious Things, sampler from Comic Book Tattoo.
Published by Image.
Third row (from left to right):
2. Fanart of Marvel's Runaways
3. Fanart of Ouran High School Host Club
1. Test spread for a project on the life of Richard III
Article images (from top to bottom):
2. Cover of Hamlet, published by SelfMadeHero
3. Princes In The Tower. Illustration based on the
imprisonment of Edward V & Richard Of Shrewsbury
All images are displayed here with the kind permission of Emma